Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

A place to call home...

Edinburgh the city of many surprises....

Two days ago I hopped into a cab and I was baffled why the cab driver started dissing the cyclists.. quite passionately he curses them. But at the end of it he said " funny that I'm... a cyclist myself" I couldn't help but crack up! that was funny. A much needed laugh when I had a long day of classes, assignment worries and sorts. He goes on like a stand up comedic. I was thoroughly entertained, I'm falling in love with you Edinburgh. 

Today I was startled by the ringing of my doorbell. I opened up the door to find a woman at my doorsteps. I wasn't sure what she wanted and I was just standing there with questions in my eyes... To think of it now I should have said hi.. but she spoke in a soft voice and said that she was just cleaning the stairs leading down to my front door and that she'd just used water and some detergent. That's fine I said, how much for that? i questioned. Owh no, no, she'd said. "I live upstairs and the owner of the place doesn't seem to bother with... so I'm just cleaning it up" 

Oh wow... what an amazing woman. I was so taken aback by her thoughtfulness.. all I could muster was thank you.. thank you... Edinburgh you are so full of surprises.

No comments: